We are always looking to bring the very best to our customers and the addition of Sun Oven International to our product line fits that vision perfectly. Used around the world, the Sun Oven is perfect during emergency's and for camping, cabins, even for everyday use and the All American Sun Oven is 100% American made.
SUN OVENS® harness the natural power of the sun to cook or bake unbelievably the most delicious food while being prepared for an emergency, reducing energy costs and benefiting the environment around the world.
Why a Sun Oven?
The internet is chock-full of plans and videos on how to make a cheap solar cooker, and there are cheaper knockoffs available. This prompts people to ask, “Why would anyone spend their hard-earned money for a SUN VEN®?” The simple answer is: A SUN OVEN® is easier to use, will cook quicker, last longer and cost less per meal than any other type of solar cooking device.
The top 12 reasons why a SUN OVEN® is the best bang for your buck
- When placed side by side with most homemade cookers and knockoffs a SUN OVEN® will reach temperatures which are 75 to 100 degrees hotter. (Consistently reaches temperatures of 360 to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit)
- On a partly cloudy day the SUN OVEN® can cook when the majority of solar cookers cannot. (There only needs to be enough sun to cast a shadow to use a SUN OVEN® while full sunlight is required for the others.)
- You can use a wide variety of pots and pans you already own in the SUN OVEN® (including cast iron Dutch Ovens and stoneware). In other solar cookers you can only use the dark enamel pots.
- SUN OVENS® have been on the market since 1986 and are designed to last for 15 years of daily use in developing countries and 20+ years in the US. (Over the past 28 years they have been put to long term tests with daily use in rough environments in more than 130 countries around the world.)
- Due to its long life and ability to cook on partly cloudy days, a SUN OVEN® costs less per meal than any other type of solar cooker.
- Bread can be baked in a SUN OVEN® on a partly cloudy day. Most solar cookers do not get hot enough to bake bread, but if they can, full sun is required.
- The SUN OVEN® is the only solar cooking device that allows you to cook quickly or slowly. Other Solar cookers can only cook slowly. (There are two ways to cook in a SUN OVEN®. If it is refocused every 25 to 30 minutes, the temperature will remain higher and the cooking time will be less. The other alternative is to use the SUN OVEN® as a slow cooker. A meal can be put in the oven in the morning and the oven can be placed where the sun will be at mid-day and the meal will slow cook throughout the day and be ready whenever you want to have dinner.)
- For the past 28 years, SUN OVENS® have been proudly made in the United States. (With the exception of the thermometer, all of the component parts used in the SUN OVENS® are made in the USA.)
- A portion of the proceeds from every SUN OVEN® purchased in the U.S. goes to help with our work in third world countries around the world.
- In addition to cooking, a SUN OVEN® can also be used as a solar dryer or dehydrator.
- Satisfaction guaranteed! If you are not completely satisfied with your SUN OVEN®, you may return it anytime within the first 30 days and receive a full refund.
- The SUN OVEN® is very user friendly.
See how the Sun Oven is improving lives and helping the environment around the world here.
Rocky Mountain Readiness is proud to be an official dealer for Sun Oven International. See the entire selection here.