AR500 Armor® Abdominal Ballistic System (ABS), Auxiliary Body Armor Plate
AR500 Armor® ABS was developed to satisfy the growing demand for modular protection of the abdominal area. We set out to create a modular auxiliary armor system that could integrate with your existing plate carrier and body armor. Our Abdominal Ballistic System offers a unique blend of flexibility, modularity, and protection from rifles or pistols dependent upon the body armor insert you choose. AR500 Armor® ABS attaches via our unique pouch design, integrating into your plate carrier’s cummerbund flap or inner plate pocket. Secured via Velcro, or optional modular attachment straps, ABS provides a natural fit with your existing body armor resulting in a user adjustable extension of your body armor.
Constructed from durable 1000D Cordura Nylon, the Abdominal Ballistic System is compatible with both our ABS body armor and trauma pad. Equipped with PALS webbing, your load bearing capability on the front of the pouch is increased for additional gear, although we recommend keeping a slim and light load on the ABS to maintain mobility and comfort.
Available in: 9.5" x 6"
Weight (+/- 10% for PAXCON coating)
- Level III Steel Armor - 4lbs
Abdominal Ballistic System (ABS) Body Armor Options:
- Level III rifle rated for 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 win) @ 2,780 fps
- Independently tested to NIJ 101.06
- Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) (on some models) in thin .26” profile
- Most independently reviewed and tested body armor in the world
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Minimally invasive forming process on Multi-Curved models preserves armor integrity
- 20-Year maintenance free shelf life
- Unparalleled Multi-Hit and stand-alone performance
- Outlasts Ceramic, and Polyethylene Body Armor
- PAXCON abrasion and chemical resistant coating
- Build-Up for spall and fragmentation mitigation