-Spartan Armor Systems ™ AR-500/550 BCS Plate Carrier and Armor Platform Level III or III Plus
▪ Designed specifically for our AR500 Level III, AR550 Level III Plus, and Armaply™ Level III Plus Shooters Cut steel 10 x 12 armor plates
▪ The ultimate in steel plate carrier performance.
▪ MODULAR web attachment points on entire vest for maximum versatility.
▪ Velcro for name plate,ID, blood type...etc.
▪ Bottom load design secures the plate in the pocket.
▪ Full cummerbund.
▪ 2 mag kangaroo pouch.
▪ 10 inch shoulder pads INCLUDED.
▪ Four PC pads (removable vertical pads provide additional support, comfort and airflow) INCLUDED
▪ Made out of 1000D Cordura, which is very abrasion resistant.
▪ Reinforced drag handle.
Materials / Construction
▪ 1000 denier Cordura
▪ MIL-Spec thread, webbing and Velcro.
▪ Made in the USA
AR 550 Specs: We’ve taken our Level III Body Armor to a NEW level! Spartan Armor Systems™ is pleased to introduce our AR550 Body Armor! With a 10% increase in ballistic core hardness, our level III+ AR550 armor defeats higher velocity threats such as XM193, M855, and M80!
Our AR550 armor hits the “sweet spot” in the Brinnell Hardness (BHN) range. With a core hardness of approximately 545-560 BHN, we have found our ballistically rated variant of AR550 that we use is perfect for defeating higher velocity threats, while not exposing the armor plate to extreme stress due to forming.
Our AR550 Level III+ armor has our GEN2 lower cut radius. With a 10% increase in core hardness, this ballistic grade steel perfectly hits the “sweet spot”. It’s much harder than AR500, but not too hard to cause severe stress while forming.
Advanced Triple Curve (ATC) AR550 Spartan Body Armor. An industry FIRST! Spartan Armor Systems™ is proud to be the FIRST in the industry to commercially offer triple-curved AR550 body armor. With higher velocity rifle threats commonly present throughout the United States, we’ve developed this AR550 armor to specifically defeat some common threats such as 5.56 x 45 XM193, 5.56 x 45 M855 /SS109 and 7.62 x 51 (.308 Winchester) at a rated velocity of 3,100 fps or less. Additionally, we’ve successfully defeated these threat profiles from Close Quarters Battle (CQB) distances…repeatedly!
Configuration: This armor comes as a pair, meaning you will receive both front and back plates, and optional side plates
Level III+ Side Plates: Choose from either 6″ x 6″ (small) or 6″ x 8″ (large)Thickness: .25″ AR550 plus approximately .25″ coating makes this slim profile plate overall .5-.6″ in total thickness